Every cell of the body depends on salt’s ability to help transport nutrients, balance fluids, and support hundreds of biological pathways. Nutrients reach your cells through the extracellular fluid, affecting many bodily functions, including fluid volume and acid-base balance. Having the ideal amount of natural salt in our bodies ensures speedy cellular regeneration and improved metabolism. Without salt, our bodies are more prone to disease and other ailments. Sodium is an essential nutrient the body cannot produce itself.
Solé (pronounced “so-lay”) is made with unrefined, natural Pink Himalayan salt can be a source of vital minerals, the most basic of building blocks for proper health and nutrition.
Salt plays a vital role in the regulation of many bodily functions and is contained in body fluids that transport oxygen and nutrients to the cells. The content of our tears, lymphatic fluids, extracellular fluids, the blood in our veins, and a mother’s amniotic fluid all rely on life-giving salt. It is essential in maintaining the body’s overall fluid balance.
Digestion begins in the mouth, where saltwater activates the salivary glands, releasing amylase, the first step in the digestion process. In the stomach, salt stimulates hydrochloric acid production, as well as enzymes to digest protein, further assisting the breakdown of food. It stimulates secretions in the liver and intestinal tract, aiding digestion. Our bodies require proper amounts of unrefined salt, along with other minerals, in order to function optimally. A wellness practitioner can help determine your individual needs.
- Fill a glass mason jar ¼ full with Himalayan pink salt.
- Add filtered water to the jar, leaving about an inch at the top.
- Cover the jar with a plastic lid and shake gently or stir with a wooden spoon.
Tip: Refrain from using metal covers or utensils, as this deionizes the Solé.
- Leave the jar of sole on the counter overnight (12-24 hours) to allow the salt to dissolve.
- The next day, you should find some salt remaining at the bottom of the jar. This indicates that the water has absorbed its maximum amount of salt and the Solé is ready to use. Tip: If no salt remains, add salt and continue doing so each day until some salt remains. This means the water is fully saturated with salt.
- To drink, add 1 tsp Solé to an 8oz glass of water. It is best to do this before eating or drinking as soon as you wake up. Tip: Do not add more than 1 tsp. Beneficial cellular detoxification takes place, however, it is possible to experience detox symptoms, such as a headache, as the body rids itself of waste products. If symptoms occur, decreasing to ½ tsp, and slowly working up to 1 tsp in purified water may help.
- Add Solé to 8 oz water each morning.
- Store Solé at room temperature. It will last indefinitely since salt contains natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Tip: A layer of salt always stays at the bottom of the jar if the solution is fully saturated.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER. This is purely informational and is not a substitute for any type of medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment and does not constitute professional medical advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of anything you have seen or read here.