Instant Pot Hearty Beef Stew
Gluten-free, dairy-free, and fast!
Contributed by Mona Eberle, Naturopathic Practitioner, and Nutritional Therapist
INGREDIENTS (use organic ingredients whenever possible)
• 2 pounds beef stew meat, cubed
• 4 carrots, peeled and cut into ó inch pieces
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 2 garlic cloves
• 4 medium daikon radishes, cut into 1ó” pieces
• 3 cups beef broth
• 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
• 2 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 tsp. each dried thyme leaves and rosemary
• 2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
• Pepper, to taste and top with chopped parsley
1. Press BROWN on your Instant Pot. Add the EVOO and allow the inner pot to heat until ready.
2. Add meat, onions, and garlic. Continue to stir until the meat browns completely. Mix in the remaining ingredients and turn off the BROWN setting.
3. Close the Instant Pot lid and lock it, turning the knob to PRESSURE. Pressure cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
4. Once the pressure cooking is complete, release pressure using the quick release function. Stir well, serve, and enjoy. I love leftovers! The next day this dish is easy to reheat. I add additional frozen vegetables to extend the meal and to increase my veggie intake. I have lots of frozen vegetables at hand, everything from mushrooms, okra, cauliflower, and broccoli rice, artichokes, Brussel sprouts, asparagus, and kale. I add them to my leftover stew and in no more than 15 minutes I have a lovely warming dish to enjoy on a cold night….