Avoca’s Irish Broccoli Salad
Make friends with broccoli, it’s one of the best superfoods out there! Broccoli is nutrient-dense, anti-inflammatory, cancer-fighting, and detoxifying. It also slows aging, improves cognitive function, increases metabolism, supports good digestion, and the list goes on! Broccoli sprouts are even more powerful and are easy to grow. And don’t forget to utilize the broccoli stem: peel, chop, and toss into your salad. The key to eating more vegetables is making them taste great!
The original recipe comes from the Avoca Restaurant in Kilmacanogue, Co Wicklow, Ireland, one of my most favorite places to eat. They make the best vegetable salads in the world!
Authored by: Mona Eberle Naturopathic Practitioner, Nutritional Therapist, Neurofeedback Clinician
Ingredients For the Salad:
- 20 oz of broccoli florets cut bite-sized
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes halved (or pomegranate seeds)
- 6 oz feta cheese, cut into bite-size cubes. Look for 100% sheep's milk
- 4 oz toasted hazelnuts
Ingredients For the Dressing:
- 1 cup extra virgin organic olive oil
- 1/2 cup Bragg’s apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2-3 tablespoon raw honey or real maple syrup
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste